Taking action is one of those simple ideas that we’ve heard about before. So why am I choosing to talk about it?
Because it helps.
Taking action will inherently make your life better. Whether it is making a habit to eat healthier, taking the first steps in your new business venture, or choosing to improve your relationships. EVERY ACTION will make your life better.
What happens when you take action?
- Action allows emergence
- Motivation follows action
- Action is cheaper than constantly planning
“Well done is better than well said” Benjamin Franklin
When deciding not to take action we come up with excuses like:
- I don’t know where to begin
- I’m not making any progress
- I’m a perfectionist
- I don’t have the right resources
“Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” ―Dale Carnegie
Now, I am no coach – but I have had some experience in not only the feelings of in-action, but also witnessing those choosing to take action when it comes to their image and creating a personal brand that allows growth.
Here’s what I have observed through the many image transformations I have done over the past 9 years.
- High levels of mindfulness contribute to taking action. So many of our clients are conscious of their ‘stuck point’ and although are nervous of change, know that change must happen for them to progress.
- Procrastination and fear got in the way for many months before deciding to take action and ask for help. I often hear statements like, ‘I’ll do this, when this happens’ or ‘I didn’t know where to begin, so I didn’t’. My question would be – what is the cost (both mentally and financially) to you in not doing ‘it’ or taking action?
- The feeling of being overwhelmed. Gazing into the wardrobe, full of things, too many or too few options, buy more, clean out or wait to feel good again… The list goes on but the result is the same.
We usually don’t know what the best option is. It is only by taking small steps of action that we uncover the power of real change.
What is an achievable and measurable action that you can do today? Just a small one.